New Forum Template (10 Oct 2017)

Hope everyone enjoys the new forums template, I think you'll find it much cleaner and easier to navigate!

Enjoy!
MarkA

Show off your Collection!

• Thank you received: 135

Nikonzen replied the topic: Show off your Collection!

csampang wrote: Congrats Nikonzen!

I'm seeing deals for the Df and D600 and D700 and D3 locally on craigslist and it's not helping me at all! I have to remember that my D3200 is more than enough camera for the things I've been shooting, yet wanting to be able to use my beloved 28/3.5 AI in low light (and getting less noise in general with all of my lenses), wanting to try metering with some of the old glass and more specifically TTL flash metering...

As this thread and my participation at this forum have shown, I really enjoy manual focus Nikon glass in the same way that youngsters enjoy Legos. :D

Aim for the Df Chris...it is like getting a Mil Falcon Lego kit from Santa! :D

BTW I have said it before and I'll say it again...the 28/3.5 holds a very special spot in my heart...my first Nikkor...a focal length that I love because of my love of shooting cars...I think you and I have at least one thing very much in common. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20

csampang replied the topic: Show off your Collection!

Nikonzen wrote:
Aim for the Df Chris...it is like getting a Mil Falcon Lego kit from Santa! :D

ISO 204K!!!!

And here I am, two nights ago, I took a photo of a car at night with my Nikkor-S (AI-converted) 50/1.4 with the D3200 and was merely hoping for "less noise after ISO 800"!

Funny enough, I got that 50/1.4 and the now essential-to-me 28/3.5 AI if I ever planned to go full frame, since I hadn't seen any Df deals. But now that I see one...all I wish was that it was when payday was here, lol, sigh.

I'd probably need to get used to the controls though if I went Df, having only owned and used the consumer non-AI DX cameras (D40, D5000, D3200).

• Thank you received: 135

Nikonzen replied the topic: Show off your Collection!

The D5K is the best non Ai shooter I have owned so far...the look of the sensor is beautiful. It's fatal weakness is the viewfinder...but that is typical of digital cameras.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chayelle

• Thank you received: 20

csampang replied the topic: Show off your Collection!

Nikonzen wrote: The D5K is the best non Ai shooter I have owned so far...the look of the sensor is beautiful. It's fatal weakness is the viewfinder...but that is typical of digital cameras.

Funny enough...

I find the D5000's viewfinder WAY better than the D3200's, the D5000 just has a bit more clarity and snap to it as well as the helpful grid for framing, the D3200 almost feels like you have to really hone your eyesight to know if something is in focus (though it is not impossible). Having said that, the D3200's image quality is noticeably better and those extra 14 megapixels are super useful when cropping (i.e. when I used the 85/1.8G at a Sharks game a few weeks ago and got great crops despite being in the upper level of the arena)

When I was at that thrift store today, trying out the FG...it finally occurred to me how split-prism viewfinders work, having never grown up with them! I can see where they would be limited in low light though, and SLR photography for me has always been about having tools that are ideal for low light for situations like evening motorsports events, poorly-lit concert venues, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chayelle

• Thank you received: 21

Chayelle replied the topic: Show off your Collection!

Nikonzen wrote: Thanks Chayelle!

I hope you all are ready for some photos from Oklahoma because I am fixing to go blast mode showcasing mf glass FX. :D

Someday I plan on a return to DX to shoot the owls, hawks, and the family of crows that live here but for now I am so happy to finally be shooting the closest thing to a digital F there is...finally! :)

Jeff, I am anxious to see Oklahoma! Neighbor... I'm in Arkansas!
Show us your MF glass!!! :cheer:

Nikonzen wrote: I will have to use the D7K and an odd duck lens to make a collection shot of the official Nikonzen FX kit...haha :)

:P :P :P

csampang wrote:
I'd probably need to get used to the controls though if I went Df, having only owned and used the consumer non-AI DX cameras (D40, D5000, D3200).

If I can learn to use the Df, anyone can...
actually quite a fun camera. Sometimes I get in a hurry and forget everything is on top, though.
Then I have to slow down and enjoy what I am trying to capture! But that is only because I
switch back and forth between cameras so much! :p
The following user(s) said Thank You: csampang

• Thank you received: 106

sa_photos replied the topic: Show off your Collection!

Need to see more collections pics here! Will do a mini one in next couple days to post here.

• Thank you received: 33

NGAdmin replied the topic: Show off your Collection!

Latest Collection Pic

• Thank you received: 50

the solitaire replied the topic: Show off your Collection!

See, I thought I was all done buying MF Nikkors, and could finally spend some hard earned money on a new camera, and then the bug bit.. again!

At that time, my colection looked lik ethis:

DSC_0500 by b j , on Flickr

And my plan was to sell my D3 and buy a Fuji X Pro2. So I started selling lenses to fund the Fuji, and then I came across a good deal and my plan went up in a puff of smoke

In this picture you can still see:
16mm f3,5 pre-Ai, 20mm f3,5 UD Nikkor, 24mm f2,8 Nikkor-N, 5cm f2 Nikkor-S, 50mm f1,8 Ai-S, 50mm f1,4 Nikkor-S, 55mm f1,2 Nikkor-S.C, 105mm f2,5 Nikkor-P, 135mm f3,5 Nikkor-Q.C, 135mm f2,8 Nikkor-Q.C, 200mm f4 Nikkor-Q.C and the 80-200 f4 Ai-S Zoom Nikkor.

I need to make another photo though because I sold the 24mm, 5cm and 135mm f3,5, and bought a 300mm f2,8*Ed Ai-S and since there is no way that mounts comfortably on a Fuji X Pro2, I'm going to stick with the D3 untill it falls apart ;)

• Thank you received: 354

NikkorGlass replied the topic: Show off your Collection!

Looking awesome! And remember folks, no collection is too small or big to show here, we want to see all of it and any highlights of it as others have already demonstrated here!

Happy Clicks!
MarkA

• Thank you received: 50

the solitaire replied the topic: Show off your Collection!

This is my current highlight

20171008_162157 by b j , on Flickr

Time to create page: 1.593 seconds